I am proud to introduce you to Pendleton Heights Middle School, an Indiana 4 Star School! Our school serves seventh and eighth grade students in the South Madison Community School Corporation of southern Madison County, Indiana. PHMS is located just twenty minutes north of Indianapolis off Interstate 69 and State Road 38.
Pendleton Heights Middle School is actively engaged in the development and use of developmentally appropriate middle school practices based on the research of effective schools and the National Middle School Association. PHMS has been the recipient of several grants for innovative instructional practices and programs.
I would like to share with visitors the Belief Statements of PHMS. It is these beliefs that guide the instructional practices and decisions made in our school.
- Educators should provide opportunities for students to develop academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Students are most successful when they accept the responsibility for their role in learning and academic preparation.
- Students learn best when teachers use a variety of teaching methods to meet individual learning styles.
- PHMS should maintain a safe environment with clear and consistent student expectations.
- Each student benefits from having an adult advocate.
- The school and community, in partnership, should share common goals for students.
- Students should take ownership of their behaviors and be held accountable for them.
- Students should develop good citizenship skills and display the positive values embraced by our community.
Thank-you for your interest in Pendleton Heights Middle School, a research driven school.